Ensure that your customers are not lost in between receiving a Progressive Leasing approval, and checking out. On average, our customers wait for 5 days after receiving approval before they convert on a retailer’s website (time between application decision and lease signing).
A lease lookup method is provided within Progressive’s UI to resume any previously submitted lease application and complete checkout.
Once a valid lease has been retrieved, the following validations must occur:
- Sales order transaction must be tax-exempt.
- Only approved leasable merchandise can be on the sales order.
- Progressive does not do business in: MN, NJ, VT, WI, WY
- Delivery charges are not allowed in the following states: CO, HI, IA, ME, NE, SC
- Warranties/Service Plans cannot be added in the following states: CA, IN, NY
- Minimum and maximum lease amounts. These amounts are defined at the time your retailer agreement is established with Progressive.
- Sales order total cannot exceed lease approval amount. (Approval limit increases may be granted through Progressive Merchant Support on a case-by-case basis.)
- A lease account number can only be used on 1 sales order and cannot be reused. Any unused lease approval amount does not carry over to future leases. A new lease application must be completed to place a subsequent order.
To improve lease cost transparency, we require one of the following displayed in close proximity to the cash price at checkout for Progressive Leasing customers:
- 12-month lease-to-own total
- Disclosure language: Lease-to-own could cost more than double the cash price.
The required disclosure is included as part of Progressive’s eCommerce plugins. For retailers using Progressive APIs to facilitate checkout, the 12-month lease-to-own total is retrieved using the RequestLeaseInformation endpoint to retrieve a valid lease ID, and the RequestLeasePricing endpoint to retrieve the 12-month lease-to-own total.
Updated over 1 year ago