Discoverability at Checkout
Ensure that your customers are not lost in between receiving a Progressive Leasing approval, and checking out. On average, our customers wait for 5 days after receiving approval before they convert on a retailer’s website (time between application decision and lease signing).
A lease lookup method is provided within Progressive’s UI to resume any previously submitted lease application and complete checkout.
Item and Cart Validation
Once a valid lease has been retrieved, the following validations must occur:
- Sales order transaction must be tax-exempt.
- Only approved leasable merchandise can be on the sales order.
- Progressive does not do business in: MN, NJ, VT, WI, WY
- Delivery charges are not allowed in the following states: CO, HI, IA, ME, NE, SC
- Warranties/Service Plans cannot be added in the following states: CA, IN, NY
- Minimum and maximum lease amounts. These amounts are defined at the time your retailer agreement is established with Progressive.
- Sales order total cannot exceed lease approval amount. (Approval limit increases may be granted through Progressive Merchant Support on a case-by-case basis.)
- A lease account number can only be used on 1 sales order and cannot be reused. Any unused lease approval amount does not carry over to future leases. A new lease application must be completed to place a subsequent order.
Display Lease Pricing at Checkout
To improve lease cost transparency, we require one of the following displayed in close proximity to the cash price at checkout for Progressive Leasing customers:
- 12-month lease-to-own total
- Disclosure language: Lease-to-own could cost more than double the cash price.
The required disclosure is included as part of Progressive’s eCommerce plugins. For retailers using Progressive APIs to facilitate checkout, the 12-month lease-to-own total is retrieved using the RequestLeaseInformation endpoint to retrieve a valid lease ID, and the RequestLeasePricing endpoint to retrieve the 12-month lease-to-own total.
Updated about 2 years ago